This job might no longer be available.
Job Title: Analytics Director
Reporting To: MD AB EMEA
Department: Go To Market, EMEA
Location: King Office (London), Wardour St, Soho, UK
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As Analytics Director, you embark on the path of building a world class consumer analytics practice - aiming at deepening our knowledge of players and consumers, and driving informed decision making for our go-to-market strategies.
You will ensure that marketing decisions and designs are made with the player firmly in mind. You will keep a pulse on both current and future players and more broadly entertainment consumers. You will look beyond internal analytics to understand behaviours and how to ignite passion and enthusiasm. We expect you to combine deep empathy and real understanding with strong analyticial skills.
Through your work, you will stretch the depth of understanding of our players and prospects. We will expect you to tirelessly champion a player-centric approach to marketing on the EMEA Leadership Team. Taking the role of a strategic planner, you will be part of creating the business initiative briefs that will be the guiding stars of our most important regional projects.
Your good business sense and strong analytical mindset will allow you to successfully partner with marketing and business teams to promote player-centric marketing heavily informed by internal and external data and player research. You will interact with our world class global Player Insights Team and Business Intelligence as well as our marketing and franchise leaders.
You will thus spread a strong data culture throughout the organization, as well as be a champion for understanding the different cultures and player mindsets in the EMEA region.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Be the voice of the player on the EMEA Leadership team
- Collaborate with the dedicated teams in Activision & Blizzard on all things data & insight.
- Conduct business analyis which links internal data across AB, external data from 3rd parties, and primary research in order to represent the consumer in business and marketing strategies
- Define and analyse consumer patterns, trends, and metrics to identify new opportunities for growth. This would include TAM (total addressable market) analysis by platform and territory across EMEA
- Develop tools and work with stakeholders in our headquarters to look at the EMEA customer journey by territoiry and map back to Activision and Blizzard franchises across platforms
- Provide strategic recommendations based on deep-dive analysis of consumer behaviour and perceptions and communicate findings to key partners (Marketing & Communications, Franchises, Territory and FP&A teams) to guide business/marketing strategy and fuel decision-making
- Help articulate business cases with sound player research and key insights for pitching and forming key partnerships with third-parties in the region
- Collaborate with HQ Player Insights to lead the research efforts in the region, required to outline key insights (e.g. key moments of truth, past campaign behaviour analysis) and identify specificities in marketing for EMEA consumers.
- Degree level qualification - MS/PHD in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or Psychology / Behavioural Science.
- +5 years of marketing data science, decision science, or marketing analytics experience.
- A demonstrable skillset in statistics and probability.
- Previous experience in a marketing environment, with marketing research or marketing analytics experience
- Experience combining sentiment (survey) and behavioral data.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to explain complex analytics topics in plain language suitable for non-technical and non-analytical executives and cross-functional partners.
- Passionate advocate for the customer with experience in consumer research and testing methodologies.
- Ability to build business cases, driven by return on investment, for new marketing approaches
- Demonstrated success in insight and strategy development with the ability to motivate and guide team to achieve results
- Someone who already understands gaming
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.