This job might no longer be available.
Analyst, Product Analytics
2 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Analyst, Product Analytics
San Francisco, CA
Participate in product analytics efforts working directly with multiple Product Managers across the company - conceptualize and execute advanced analytics projects related to product feature prioritization, ad-hoc product analysis, embedded product analytics tools and programs, product KPI planning & value measurements, and user design & navigational analytics.
Independently extract and integrate data from multiple big data systems to support analytical efforts, including writing complex SQL queries, analyze in-app customer journeys through Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics. Work in a team of high-performance product analyst resources
Work in close collaboration with data engineering, software development, data sciences, user experience and product management teams to define product analytics requirements and metrics, and then conceptualize, design and execute embedded analytical tools and solutions for product features.
- 1+ years of experience in product analytics role, including managing and running analytics projects
- 1+ years of experience in software development or data engineering, especially in building analytics tools and products
- 1+ years of experience working with product managers and user experience design teams
- 1+ years of advanced SQL programming skills, high level of independence required
- 1+ years of demonstrable experience with web tools including Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and standard BI Tools (MicroStrategy, Business Objects, , Cognos, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience in the use of at least one established commercial statistical analytics tool including R, SAS, SPSS, KXEN, Matlab, etc.
- Demonstrable expertise in various analytic modeling techniques including multivariate/linear regression, k-means clustering, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Qlikview, Tableau, Spotfire)
- Familiarity with big data technologies (Mapreduce, Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Pig, etc.)
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Access, Project, and PowerPoint) as well as Visio to prepare and present analysis results
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.