This job might no longer be available.
London England United Kingdom
9 days ago
As the video game industry continuously innovates and delivers new standards for player experience, it is crucial to prepare successful marketing plans and strategies to enable player base growth and optimise engagement.
Square Enix’s Analytics & Insight department supports the design of these strategies, using data collected from our players and games. Our expanding team consists of bright and dedicated analysts and data scientists working across a wide range of projects for game production, marketing, web, sales and executive teams. Our team’s mission is to enable our stakeholders to make data-driven decisions, ultimately leading to better games through data insights. We are now looking for an enthusiastic analyst intern who will assist in identifying and optimising the growth of key products in our portfolio.
In this role, you will learn how to answer strategic questions by understanding a game’s commercial performance and engagement metrics, leveraging in-game user behavior, direct player feedback and data from our digital channels. You will also use external data including consumer research and primary studies on the industry and our competitors.
Our ideal candidate for this role has a keen analytical mindset, business acumen and a self-starter approach to identify the drivers behind ever-changing events. We are looking for someone who will be a curious researcher as much as they are a skilled communicator, and who uses data-backed evidence as their main weapon and business logic as their shield.
Knowledge of statistical preparation would be a bonus. Previous use of SQL or other analytical languages, or experience working with visualisation software would also be beneficial. However, these skills are not prerequisites for this role and we encourage applications from anyone with good data handling skills and a passion for video games. We will provide you with a structured development plan and regular reviews to ensure you meet your own career goals.
We initially offer a paid internship position for a minimum period of 6 months. During this period, you will have the chance to prove that you have the skills and adaptability to be successful in the role. There is the possibility for the right candidate to progress beyond the initial internship. You should be available to start within coming weeks and be available for more than 6 months employment.
- Identify, measure and report key metrics across in-game engagement, progression, and user behavior
- Support the development of dashboards and reports that track and analyse product performance as well as consumer behavior
- Assist research projects (spanning ideation, implementation and analysis) to support different types of stakeholders in multiple decision-making processes
- Contribute to a collaborative environment in which the team can share methodologies and ideas to support the creation of cutting-edge solutions to our internal stakeholders’ most relevant problems
- Assist in the analysis and reporting of direct consumer feedback
- Clearly communicate schedule and priorities to stakeholders
Key Stakeholders:Analytics & Insight team, Marketing and Product teams, Live Ops teams, Game Development teams, Digital Channels teams
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Degree level of education, or equivalent in quantitative discipline
- Microsoft Office suite competency
- You enjoy collaborating with people at all organisational levels and have great communication and presentation skills
- Take a flexible and open-minded approach to new challenges
- You love to tell stories with data and generate meaningful insights
- Strong organization and respect for deadlines and milestones
- Handle multiple tasks while managing priorities and expectations as needed
- Drive for commercial impact through evidence-based decision making
- Ability to conceptualise complex business problems and solve them through analysing data in an efficient and meaningful fashion
- Analytical experience manipulating large or complex data sets
- Tableau, Power BI or Looker experience
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or SQL
- Survey design experience
- Understanding of key challenges and opportunities in the gaming industry
- Prior knowledge of R, SPSS, SAS, Stata or other programming languages for data analysis
- Statistical modelling
- A real passion and interest in video games, data, analytics, product strategy and online marketing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Continually seeking knowledge, improvement and understanding