Agile Delivery Manger, Defence
7 days ago
We believe in the power of scientific simulations coupled with cutting-edge gaming technology to transform decision making and planning in highly uncertain, rapidly evolving, complex environments. In the National Security and Defence sector, a unique opportunity exists to impact high stakes real-world outcomes by enabling decision makers to explore, interact and experiment with rich simulations of interconnected real world systems – what we refer to as single synthetic environments. Our goal is to enable the large scale adoption of single synthetic environments by governments and international institutions, to promote a collective path towards a shared, more accurate understanding of the world.
Improbable Defence develops a software platform that enables the creation of these single synthetic environments, aiming to capture for the first time the multi-domain complexity that is pervasive in modern military operations, and to provide a full simulation-supported workflow; from understanding a scenario, to planning an operation, rehearsing and training.
Single synthetic environments give decision makers a constantly improving picture on how to best prepare for crises and threats. Improbable’s platform offers new capabilities to the defence industry with a library of models, enabling defence developers to reuse and repurpose existing models and build new models of the real world in a fast, efficient and iterative way.
The focus of this position is to ensure the smooth operation of the squad’s agile processes which support the technical deliveries of software to our Defence customers. We are significantly scaling the size and complexity of our engagements and are seeking to bolster our delivery capability.
As a very modern engineering organisation, we work natively using agile methodologies to deliver disruptive cloud-based software solutions supporting the mission of our Armed Forces in keeping the nation safe and secure. Our organisation set up means you will have a greater surface area for impact than traditional firms and you will be able to work closely with our key customer stakeholders.
Areas for Impact
- You will embed into one (or more) delivery squads in Defence, leading delivery and working closely with PMO and Product management groups.
- You will facilitate agile ceremonies and drive projects to completion, contributing to the product & architecture technical roadmap.
- You will challenge deliverables status, anticipate blockers, remove blockers and identify and engage with the right stakeholders to mitigate unexpected issues.
- You will promote a shared concept of risk, priority and quality, so that delivery outcomes are well understood and owned across the team.
- You will leverage your agile delivery experience to improve our ways of working.
- You will ensure that teams use data-driven insight to adapt and change their approach for effective delivery.
- You will serve the Product Owners, to ensure goals, scope and product proposition/domain is widely understood.
- You will organise other project deliverables as may be required e.g. coordinating arrangement for a major demonstration.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- 5+ years experience running Agile software development teams as a Scrum Master or Agile Delivery Manager.
- Scrum/Agile or similar certification.
- Expert Jira user with a solid understanding of it's functions.
- Clear knowledge of agile artifacts and techniques.
- Self-starter, able to amend or create processes; not just rely to them.
- A clear understanding of the software development lifecycle, either by way of a technical degree or experience in technical industry, with an ability to build strong relationships with colleagues of other disciplines, particularly engineering and product design.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.