Advanced Web Programmer
26 days ago
We are looking for an Advanced Web Programmer to build best-in-class web applications, including in-game features and UI and in-house tools. As a skilled full stack Web Engineer, you will actively contribute across various project phases, including design, building, testing, implementation, and live operation. With the opportunity to drive multiple impactful projects, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the development and operation of tools and applications that serve ArenaNet’s game worlds and internal clients adhere to best practices. Your effective communication skills will enable you to collaborate with others to find stakeholder-driven solutions. We value autonomy and encourage decision-making within our teams, and we prioritize the celebration and growth of our staff, valuing their diverse perspectives, backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. Your engagement and collaborative spirit will uphold our collective values and contribute to our shared success. We value autonomy and encourage decision-making within our teams.
WHY JOIN THE WEB PROGRAMMING TEAM?
The web programming team works closely with many other teams including gameplay engineering, analytics, release management, marketing, customer service, and more. We thrive on a wide array of perspectives, experiences, and interests. We know that the best creations come from healthy and friendly teams, supported by effective communication. Our work is woven together with the efforts of other disciplines and crafts within game development. We seek out voices and ideas that might be new to us. We are always on the lookout for ways to help each other, both within the Web Programming team, and throughout the studio as a whole.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience with MMOs in any capacity (player, developer, researcher, etc.), techniques for online application security, and clean code/refactoring code principles
- Expert knowledge with web engineering languages and related tools/libraries
- Expert knowledge with techniques for online application security
- Expert knowledge with clean code/refactoring code principles
- Expert knowledge of live production systems including monitoring tools for performance or user workflows
- Able to effectively communicate and describe complex problems and solutions for clients or team members
- Ability to earn trust, express humility, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen a culture of inclusion
- Expert knowledge of HTTP/HTTPS and features modern browser features
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
We are open to remote work from the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, MD, NC, NY, OR, TX, UT, WA and WI or onsite/hybrid/flex at our office in Bellevue, WA.
Total compensation is salary plus an annual bonus potential . Please note that the listed pay range is a general guideline only. We take into consideration the geography in which you live and your experience and qualifications when determining final salary. This role is also eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k), flexible and dependent care spending accounts, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave.
Remote pay range
$94,120 — $178,990 USD