This job might no longer be available.
Advanced Technical Audio Designer
6 months agoWould you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we're also creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
We are seeking a Technical Audio Designer to join our top-tier audio team. While very strong sound design skills are expected, your focus is supporting the audio team similar to the capacity of an Audio Programmer. Heavy, complex scripting solutions that yield industry-leading, run-time audio is the focus of this role. Although not technically a programmer, some background in programming/scripting is a must.
- Design and script systems to play and mix audio at an industry-leading quality
- Work with the engineering team to turn scripted systems into code as needed
- Create audio assets of high quality using a wide array of tools and libraries
- Act as a lead on various aspects/features of the game, and represent audio to other disciplines
- Define and document needed features for audio technology
- Work with engineers to craft solutions to challenging audio needs
- Ability to set up and maintain audio equipment
- 3+ shipped AAA titles
- 5+ years of directly related industry experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Master-level understanding of interactive audio
- Ability to manage lead-level duties on the production timeline
- Can demonstrate previous work in a high-quality portfolio
- Must have experience with Wwise and Unreal Engine
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Credited engineering work
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.