Advanced Senior Creature Artist
13 days ago
We are ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
We are seeking an Advanced Senior Creature Artist who will work with a passionate team to develop high-quality 3D game assets. The artist will work and collaborate with gameplay designers, concept, animation, and other teams to create compelling creatures that lend to new and interesting gameplay. The candidate should be well versed in anatomy, shape language and able to develop designs that feel intrinsic to the game world from a gameplay prompt. More importantly, we are looking for a candidate who is eager, excited, and absolutely passionate about all things creature related as well as creating extraordinary assets for AAA games.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Concept and develop creature designs for game design prompts
- Develop and build stunning 3D creature assets
- Work with Art Director to drive and maintain high visual quality of creature models
- Communicate the visual design and development of the creatures through art specifications, style guides and reference material
- Collaborate across team disciplines to ensure the overall quality of creature assets, as well as external teams through verbal and written feedback
- Raise the quality bar through inspiration, work, and mentorship
- Has a keen eye for making improvements to our pipeline and processes
- Mentor the Creature art team by establishing and maintaining use of best practices and developing new relevant tools, techniques and programs
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Exceptional understanding of human and animal anatomy
- Exceptional understanding of material definition, with the ability to texture and model a variety of materials
- Exceptional understanding of concept design and shape language to describe function and form
- Strong skills in 2D concepting
- Highly Skilled in organic ZBrush sculpting
- Highly Skilled in Maya, Photoshop, and Substance Painter
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excited positive attitude. Ability to collaborate and communicate across team disciplines
- High understanding of technical aspects of creature and gameplay design
- Ability to take and give criticism in a constructive but direct manner
- Self-motivated and passionate about continued education and the ability to share that knowledge with other team members
NICE TO HAVE
- Hard surface sculpting and modeling experience
- Skin weighting and working on various rigs
- Experience working with a live team
Please include links to your current portfolio when applying.
We are open to remote work in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MD, NC, NV, NY OR, TX, UT and WA or onsite/hybrid/flex at our office in Bellevue, WA.
The salary range for this position in is $105,000 - $150,000 per year, plus annual bonus potential. Please note that the salary shown is a general guideline only. We take into consideration the geography in which you live and your experience and qualifications when determining final salary. This role is also eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k), flexible and dependent care spending accounts, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.