Advanced Game Designer
6 days ago
We are looking for an experienced systems designer interested in driving and owning new feature development and maintaining existing features for Guild Wars 2. Do you love MMOs and the social experience of games? Are you passionate about designing and implementing systems that integrate with content to create holistic experiences? Do you have experience leading development of features from design to implementation? Are you familiar with the constraints and complexities of working on a live game? Do you enjoy driving standards and consensus around best practices? Are you the type of person that loves building consensus and creating a shared vision with a team? Do you have experience providing vision to a team? If any of this sound like you, we would love to hear from you!
Why Join the ArenaNet Design Team?
The Design team at ArenaNet are the ones responsible for envisioning and implementing the encounters, events, items, rewards, etc. that our players interact with in the game. We work collaboratively across multiple disciplines to create, iterate, and refine ideas and put them in the game. Our work requires empathy, patience, communication, the ability to understand a variety of players and playstyles, and attention to detail.
As a designer, you will utilize your love of games along with your innovation and creative problem-solving skills to define and craft experiences and features that affect our players over the lifetime of their relationship with the products that we (and you) develop.
We also believe that a healthy team is the first step to making fun, engaging games. And a healthy team is one of mutual respect, psychological safety, and diversity. We believe that new perspectives and voices help us to improve our game and find the best ideas.
- Experience designing and implementing features from concept to release on at least 1 shipped title in a systems designer role
- Ability to own responsibility for a large systems area (combat, rewards, progression, pvp, etc)
- A desire to work collaboratively with various teams and disciplines to bring ideas to life
- Understanding of player motivations and game reward systems
- Familiarity with maintaining live systems and games
- You have learned or imagined how to design systems that cultivate dramatic gameplay experiences.
NICE TO HAVES
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Passion for Guild Wars or other MMO games
- Experience working on multiplayer online games
- Knowledge / Experience of UX needs and working with UX designers and artists