Administrative & Personal Assistant
Big Viking Games
Toronto ON CA
11 days ago
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With almost 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto, ON and London, ON, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
We’re searching for a highly motivated Administrative & Personal Assistant to join our Toronto, ON studio. The Administrative & Personal Assistant will be a part of the Office of the CEO and the support pillar to the Senior Leadership Team. This role will be given the opportunity to be exposed to all aspects of the business.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support and queries to the Senior Leadership Team
- Work closely with Chief of Staff to create spreadsheets and presentations for the senior leadership team
- Arrange, confirm, and prepare briefings for meetings by obtaining relevant and critical information, materials and research prior to important meetings
- Arrange travel accommodations and itineraries prior to trips and conferences for the Senior Leadership Team
- Maintain various databases and contact lists for the Office of the CEO
- Reconcile multiple expense reports on a monthly basis
- Assist the CEO in running his personal errands
- Assist in any strategic or special projects as required
- Act as back-up to the Executive Assistant or Happiness Coordinator as required
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Must Haves:
- Minimum of 2 years of administration or project management experience
- Experience supporting leaders in a 24/7 environment, being available and responsive during non-business hours
- Able to assist during extended hours (ie. travelling to conferences, setting up for after-hours meetings, etc.)
- Cheerful, very flexible and ability to execute with poise when under pressure
- Ability to multitask and prioritize; time management skills are a must
- Highly professional and organized; able to communicate in a highly professional manner over phone, email, etc.
- Resourceful and able to independently ‘solve the problem’
- Detail oriented, with an eye for finding formatting issues and typos
- Experience using G-suite tools and email system and able to proficiently use Microsoft office suite
- Able to adapt quickly through changing priorities
- Diligent in ensuring all tasks are addressed
- Highly discrete and maintains the utmost confidentiality
The Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, experience as a personal assistant would be considered an advantage
- Experience in gaming, startup or tech preferred
- Competitive salary, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.