Kano ( www.kanoapps.com ) is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to support our growing team and ensure a tightly run ship. This position is part-time (25 - 30hrs/week), permanent with potential for growth!
We’re a small team where your decisions make an impact. You will have autonomy in creating and maintaining processes and systems that ensure the team is well taken care of and the office is run as smooth as a baby’s bum!
You’re the type of person who geeks out on spreadsheets and details, and is passionate about creating great culture! You will be responsible for maintaining a well-run system, as well as continuously evaluating and adjusting for improvements.
We offer flexible hours to accommodate real lives (the ones outside of the office too!), a good-natured and nerdy group of peers, the opportunity to make an impact on the work you do, and the chance to work in beautiful Victoria, BC . While this position does offer the opportunity to work remotely, there are some in-office requirements and preference will be given to those candidates who can and are willing to work in our office located downtown (parking provided, flexible on days in the office).
You will see success in this role if you are:
- A multi-tasker and good at prioritizing. Responsibilities and tasks will vary day-to-day
- Resourceful and have a PROACTIVE attitude -- the ability to stay one step ahead of the team needs will be highly appreciated
- Entrepreneurial to drive, own and develop new ideas, initiatives and projects
- SELF-DRIVEN and don’t get overwhelmed easily
- Positive and persuasive. You will often be the “face of Kano” both to team members and the public, so attitude matters here.
- The details person! Double and triple checking that bases are covered!
- Continuously iterating on your work to create a positive and productive workplace
- An event planner! You’ll be responsible for managing and coordinating events both great and small (lunches, parties, team off-sites, etc)
- Great at Communication! Across teams, departments and up the chain
- Able to coordinate and manage budgets and purchasing with staff, vendors and the finance team
- Reflective; Identify and mitigate points of friction in day to day business procedures
- Excited about attaining the goals, and upholding the vision and values or our organization!
The things we’re looking for in your background:
- Organizational skills and MAJOR attention to detail
- 1+ years of experience in either office management, administration, or customer service
- Exceptional communication skills
- Some financial literacy
- the DESIRE to build the best culture and work environment
It'd be a big plus if you have:
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- Previous experience negotiating with B2B vendors and services
- Experience with ensuring compliance around licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory regulations
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (top 100 grossing app on Facebook), and our recently released FUBAR: Just Give'r, we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
Check out this article If you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, and this fun little video for an intro to the team!
- 2020 Great Place to Work Certification
- 2019 Great Place to Work Certification
- 2019 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*