Novato CA US
12 days ago
Who We Are:
2K is a leading publisher of some of today’s most popular games, and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like: NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Evolve, Bioshock, Borderlands, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
2K’s newly-formed Administrative team has the mighty task of making sure all daily functions run like a well-oiled machine. We have our hands in just about every department across the business, and partner with various teams and executives to make sure their goals are carried out seamlessly and efficiently. Have a borderline obsession with details? Good at prioritizing and seeing three steps ahead? Able to switch hats gracefully as new projects come your way? You’ll fit right in with us.
What We Need:
We are seeking a stellar Administrative Assistant to join us in supporting two Senior VP’s and our NBA2K Marketing department within the Publishing division. You’ll work closely with the teams that create and market our thrilling game franchises in helping execute their day-to-day needs. Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a collaborative approach is critical to the success of these roles. A “no job is too small” mentality and the ability to wear many hats throughout the day is also key. In return, you’ll be on the exciting ground floor as some of the biggest games of tomorrow are realized.
What You Will Do:
- Coordinates meetings and department functions including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other materials, reserving and preparing facilities, coordinating food/beverage service, and coordinating any necessary technical support
- Manages and maintains calendars for department VPs as requested, ensuring all parties are informed of and kept abreast of schedule changes and updates
- Coordinates travel arrangements for department VPs and/or team members, talent, and outside contacts as business need arises; works closely with company travel agency to ensure timely response and accurate itineraries; responds promptly to travel requests and updates
- Completes and processes expense reports for department VPs
- Coordinates with Legal on vetting any necessary department-related contracts
- Initiates Purchase Orders as needed
- Manages game copy orders for department
- Coordinates shipping for departments, including any necessary ship-outs at game launch
- Assists with new vendor set-up and any necessary security vetting
- Attends meetings/functions as needed or requested, taking detailed notes/minutes, and disseminating as appropriate
- Collaborates with department executives on presentation creation and support
- Back-up coverage of the reception desk
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Reviews and responds to daily internal/external mail and e-mail
- Composes, types, and distributes professional correspondence and e-mails, using individual initiative and as needed
- Conducts research as requested; compiles reports
- Assists with special projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
A hard working, ambitious, and proactive team player with a penchant for being organized will do great in this role. The ideal candidate will be flexible, personable, and be able to maintain only the strictest level of confidentiality as they go about their day-to-day.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent, two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior work experience in a production environment, such as video games, film, or animation a plus
- Outgoing personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to translate concepts into polished presentations
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task and manage workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups.