8 days ago
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo:
As the Admin Coordinator based at Sumo Digitals Sheffield Office, you will be a key person in the day to day running of the Studio and the overall experience of staff and guests.
The role is responsible for looking after each staff member on an individual level, booking their travel, and making sure all facilities requirements are dealt with in a timely manner etc. This role requires you to have a company mobile & be a point of contact for the wider team.
- Manage UK & international travel requirements for Sheffield studio staff, services and development teams, making travel bookings and supplying relevant travel documentation.
- Management of any facilities issues raised following it through to completion such as maintenance, repairs, décor and upgrades.
- Work with the development teams and any services teams to schedule required internal meetings, coordinate calendars and assist with relevant administration of the meetings as required.
- Managing own expenses claims and be a Proxy user for Senior staff, delegate proxy user access to FOH and follow up. Take responsibility for chasing receipts and ensuring the expenses system is kept up to date and claims are submitted on time.
- Managing absence and sickness by logging on Sumo HR & all relevant platforms when advised of absences. Distributing sickness forms and monitoring completion.
- Be involved in welcoming of new starters, including arrangement of packs, introduction calls, studio updates and where required assist with project inductions, provide structure charts and give detailed expectations for defined periods of time and who to report to.
- Support engagement by planning internal events, rewards and milestones. Coordinate and organise these, managing budgets and key deadlines.
- Plan any studio movements, organise and arrange meetings and hospitality by booking any relevant space and catering required.
- Coordinating company apartment availability, keeping apartment packs up to date & ensuring these are adequately stocked with essential items.
- Coordinate FOH, assisting with daily activities, giving direction and structuring workload.
- Assist and support admin manager with key tasks such as training, coordination of cleaning and managing key team members in the admin managers absence.
- Support with any other studio duties & group initiatives as necessary and required.
- Previous experience working in a busy admin/office environment.
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders and departments, engage them & sustain good working relationships to drive efficiency.
- Able to organise multiple tasks & have numerous priorities ongoing.
- Previous experience of planning events & working with internal and external resources.
- IT literate with a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Can communicate effectively on all levels.
- Ability to engage senior stakeholders to provide information to create efficiency & organisation.
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks to ensure completion of all tasks.
- Organisation of multiple ongoing tasks and requests.
What We Offer:
· Annual Bonus
· Share Incentive Plan
· Competitive Pension
· Flexible Working
· 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
· 5 Learning Days
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
· Game & Book Libraries
· Wrap Parties
· Alternative Travel Prize Draw
· The Sumo GameJam
· Big Family Events
· Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
· Life Drawing
· Yoga Classes
· Free fruit and drinks
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Career Development
· Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Life Assurance 4x Salary
· Income Protection of 75%
· Relocation Support to the UK
· Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More About The Sumo Sheffield Studio:
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.