Accounts Payable Technician
20 days ago
Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with 27 offices across 16 countries and 3 continents. The organization employs over 3,000 people at peak times working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 40,000 art assets, 12 million words of audio, 155 million words translated, 1.5 million hours of testing and resolve 7 million customer support tickets.
KWS Montréal is a flagship studio in the Keywords group, an international supplier of services for the video game industry. Our studio includes some of the major brands in technical service to the global Video Game Industry, such as KWS Montréal, Alchemic-Dream and Babel. We work on a large variety of video games of all popular platforms and we are in partnership with the most notorious editors and video game developers such as Warner Bros, ES, Square Enix, 2K, and more!
The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable processes including processing of vendor invoices, obtaining approval of the invoices from budget owners and ensuring all vendor invoices are recorded, accounted for and paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review accounts payable reports and ensure accounts are paid in a timely manner taking into account cash flow requirements;
- Ensure accuracy of taxes (sales taxes/withholding) at the time of invoice processing;
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment;
- Ensure invoices are allocated to proper accounts by coding and/or verifying;
- Prepare batch check runs and electronic payments;
- Manage the corporate credit card payments;
- Effectively communicate and liaise with vendors and other departments to resolve all accounts payable inquiries and discrepancies;
- Record journal entries and perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for certain balance sheet accounts related to accounts payable and related accruals;
- Provide audit support as requested, including accumulating invoice and disbursement support;
- Assists in training new personnel;
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, policies, and procedures related to the accounts payable function;
- Identify and assist in implementing process improvements in the accounts payable and disbursement processes to drive greater efficiency and productivity;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Technical skills : · English – spoken and written;
- 5 to 7 years of experience in accounts payable;
- College / University degree in accounting or a similar field.
· Experience with NetSuite (a definite asset). Soft Skills: · Well-organized with superior attention to details; · Ability to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve and adapt to change; · Ability to meet tight deadlines; · Professional, responsible, and reliable self-starter;
- Strong working knowledge of the Office suite;
· Respectful of confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness;
BenefitsSalary (determined by experience)Law Benefits.2 days off.Career path.
After 3 months:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Medical expenses insurance.
- Saving funds.