This job might no longer be available.
Accounts Payable & Receivable Specialist
16 days ago
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
As a member of the Finance Team at Improbable you will be central to the company’s ability to deliver timely and accurate financial data. The London Finance Team is responsible for EMEA financial operations including the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Management Accounting.
As an AP & AR Specialist you will be critical to managing key stakeholder relationships by being the first point of contact with both our suppliers and customers. You will also be regularly business partnering with internal departments. You will contribute by timely and accurate processing, while driving process change to ensure our systems and processes are always best-in-class.
Areas for Impact:
- Responsible for managing Accounts Receivable/Payable for 3 legal entities in the UK and Germany
- Work closely with the Account Managers to provide necessary documents and information for invoice processing
- Processing supplier invoices, payment runs and assisting with supplier queries
- Managing expenses process for your entities
- Responsible for company credit cards management, issuing the cards to the business and cost accounting Timely management of month end objectives including balance sheet reconciliation
- Actively seeking opportunities to improve processes
- Supporting finance team in ad hoc tasks
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- A solid understanding of accounting
- 3 years of experience in a finance/accounting role
- Strong Excel (v-lookups/pivot tables) and accounting system skills
- A proactive attitude and a desire to continuously improve working practices
- A proven self-starter with the ability to work independently and using their own initiative, managing your own workload
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.