Accounts Payable Clerk (6 month contract)
18 days ago
Blackbird Interactive is a creative-fueled, future-driven, independent game studio where the best talent in the industry can find long-term careers to help grow their abilities while working on a wide range of projects, which encompass world-class IPs as well as our own creations across multiple genres.
In 2022, we announced that our studio is implementing a four-day work week as well as supporting in-studio, remote within Canada, and hybrid work arrangements as permanent options to our employees.
Blackbird Interactive is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join its studio Finance team for a 6 month leave coverage. Working with our Controller and reporting to the Director of Finance, the AP Clerk must have excellent communication and problem solving skills and the ability to liaise with multiple departments to facilitate team needs including but not limited to Operations, Tech services and HR.
- Accounts payable: Receiving, sorting, filing (electronically) and posting into our Netsuite system
- Recording and reconciling multiple credit cards
- Receiving and posting expense reimbursements
- Organizing and maintaining the finance Perforce folders
- Assisting with company travel and reconciling relocation costs and reimbursements
- Knowledge of basic accounting and accounting terminology
- Diploma in accounting or equivalent in years work experience in a related field
- Experience working with Accounting software e.g. Netsuite, Sage 300, QB
- Must be thorough and organized with a strong attention to details and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and positive attitude to promote a positive team environment
- Flexible work style that can manage multiple projects in a high paced environment
- Self-disciplined and capable of working within a budget
- Proficient in Google docs and Google sheets
- Proficient Excel skills required
Pluses but not required
- NetSuite experience
- Confluence experience
- Perforce Software experience
Vacation & Extras
+ 4-day, 32-hour work week for all full-time staff
+ Mentorship program
+ Skunkworks internal game jam program
+ 4 weeks paid vacation per year
+ 11 paid stat holidays
+ 3 paid days per year for professional development
+ December holiday studio closure (extra paid time off!)
+ Comprehensive health/dental benefits from day 1
+ Life insurance
+ $300 Healthcare Spending Account per annum
+ RRSP matching
+ Profit-sharing bonus program
If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Any questions about the role and/or accessibility requests can be sent to: email@example.com
Unfortunately, we cannot reply to everyone. Only successful applicants will be contacted about the next steps. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to inclusion and especially encourage members of historically marginalized communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on gender, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Blackbird Interactive is privileged to be developing our projects on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ /Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.