Accounting Specialist / Taloushallinnon Asiantuntija
10 days ago
Did you know that Seriously is Finland’s 4th biggest games company in terms of revenue? Or that we are nowadays part of a bigger publicly listed organization, Playtika? Or that our game, Best Fiends, has been played more than Game of Thrones has been watched? We’re currently going through some exciting times, and are looking for an Accounting Specialist to join our global Finance team . As Seriously’s Finance team we are 4 employees based in Helsinki, and 2 in Los Angeles. Our main purpose is to do prompt and accurate financial reporting, so that we know where we are, and where we are heading as a company of 150 employees.
As an Accounting Specialist your responsibilities include tasks such as maintaining the daily accounts payable and general ledgers, and preparing financial reports and tax declarations / returns. The position is new, and can be modified depending on the person. Experienced candidates can be considered for a Senior position with a wider set of responsibilities. As a global team with a 10 hour time zone difference, please note that we have a late team call twice a week (around 6pm). We work proactively in a dynamic environment with global deadlines.
Why a Specialist? Well, an Accountant wouldn’t describe how many ongoing development projects we have, and how you can contribute to different accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
What does the ride include?
- Conducting the daily accounting activities of Seriously Helsinki
- Administering accounts payable and travel & expense process
- Supporting the team in the monthly/ quarterly/annual financial reporting and analyses
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Assisting with financial audit preparations and reporting
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting our Admin Team as required or assigned
What does it take to sign up for the race?
- Preferably a degree in accounting or finance (University / University of Applied Sciences)
- Solid experience in different accounting functions, with a proven track record of prompt deliveries with high quality
- Working knowledge of finance, tax regulations, and the Finnish Accounting Standards
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong communication skills in Finnish and English, both written and verbal ( note that this is our only Finnish requiring job ).
- Proficiency in modern finance & accounting tools
- Ability to work in an international organization and willingness to learn
We offer you a steady working environment, not to mention free apples in the kitchen! We love transparency, trust each other, and give everyone control and responsibility over their work. With us you will surely learn more about working in a successful international games company. Don’t worry if Netsuite and US GAAP are new to you.
If you feel you´re up for the challenge, please apply by Monday 31st of May 2021. We'll be having conversations with suitable candidates already before the due date. For further inquiries please reach out to the Hiring Manager, Aki Heikkinen (+358 50 9111 239), by phone on Monday 17th at 3-4pm or on Wednesday 19th of May at 12-1pm.
Seriously is building mobile games that become entertainment properties. Our first mobile game Best Fiends, is directly connected to an audience of 1.5M - 2M people on a daily basis. Together with Playtika, we're working towards being the biggest casual mobile games company in the West.