9 days ago
Metatheory Inc. is a technology-driven entertainment company. With a focus on blockchain, we build games, interactive multi-platform stories, and virtual world experiences imagined across innovative story franchise IPs. We are a remote-first dynamic team of builders, developers, and entrepreneurs that include key founding members from Twitch, as well as Emmy and Peabody Award winning producers and storytellers.
Our flagship IP is DuskBreakers, an eccentric, interactive sci-fi saga set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious alien ship (The Dusk) becomes a beacon of hope for humanity. The franchise spans games, video, NFTs, and other media formats.
The Accounting Manager will lead the entire financial close process and help drive other finance and accounting initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate will have 5-8+ years of work experience which includes accounting operations, month-end close, and managing complex projects on the business side. The candidate should have exceptional attention to detail and execution capabilities, with a positive attitude and thoughtful approach to problem solving. Our ideal candidate is also an excellent communicator, team player, with prior experience in managing and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Lead the monthly close process, which includes recording and reviewing journal entries; preparing and reviewing account reconciliations and investigating fluxes
- Prepare internal and external monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated general ledger and financial statements
- Monitor and analyze cost trends and forecast future costs
- Coordinate audit and tax requests including preparation of supporting reports and documentation
- Complete complex research and inquiries of GL transactions and activities relating to cryptocurrency wallets and transactions
- Continuously identify and develop solutions for process improvement
- Assist with accounting integration activities, which includes implementing a variety of finance and accounting related software solutions
- Assist in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures, especially in light of changing market and regulatory developments in the Web3 space
- Other projects as assigned based on business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required; CPA is a plus
- 5-8+ years of experience in a similar role on the business side
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in a dynamic, team-oriented, remote-first environment
- Relish for continuously identifying opportunities for process improvement
- High-tech, start-up and/or rapid growth company experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP functions, etc.) required
- Cryptocurrency knowledge and experience strongly preferred
Candidates should be comfortable working in a remote, fast-paced, fluid, and ever-changing startup environment with a globally distributed team. We are currently remote first and will always embrace work from home culture, although we may have some more offices in the future. Candidates should be excited about the future potential of blockchain, but no prior experience is required.
Metatheory is committed to fair and equitable compensation for all of our employees. The salary range for this role is $100,000 to $130,000 annually plus equity. Actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and specific work location.
We were founded to challenge the ways that we all relate to games and storytelling, and in doing so change how we relate to each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create a culture of safety and belonging from how we hire to how we build communities.
Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, but feel you could add a valuable perspective to our organization, we’d still love to hear from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.