Culver City, CA
2 months ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Hands-on involvement and integral contributor to the full cycle accounting process including journal entries, month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, and preparing financial statements.
- Compile and analyze accounting information to assist in the preparation of monthly and annual income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Provide significant support with the financial audit process.
- Accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of costs and expenses.
- Maintain asset schedules and associated depreciation/amortization schedules, including ensuring proper recording of purchases and disposals.
- Maintain and reconcile other balance sheet accounts including prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities.
- Assist in the review of invoices and coding.
- Prepare royalties calculations, statements and reconciliations
- Run point on dealing with external vendors or third parties service providers with varying level of informational needs.
- Assist in the maintenance of the general ledger.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records, reconciling accounts, and researching all discrepancies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending improvements.
- Be a key contributing member in maintaining an environment of best in class internal controls.
- Must have an Accounting or Business degree and at least 5 years of experience.
- Must have at least one year of Big 4 accounting experience .
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
- Strong understanding of the AP and accrual process a must.
- CPA certification is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of basic accounting and debits and credits.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills – advanced Excel user a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Must constantly demonstrate pride of ownership and work product.
- Ability to exceed expectations both as a team player and as a sole contributor.
- Must show a strong desire to learn and to knowledge-share.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud accounting system highly desirable.
- Must love games!
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.