Accounting Manager UK/CH
Lucerne, Switzerland Switzerland
17 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Finance and Accounting at Epic
What we do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What you’ll do
Based within our International Finance team, located in Luzern, Switzerland, we’re looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee our growing number of subsidiaries in both Switzerland and the UK. As our Accounting Manager, you will work alongside existing members of the International Finance Team and partner with them and others within Epic to define and build robust financial reporting processes to enable the complete and accurate financial reporting for the Group’s Swiss and UK based subsidiaries.
Additionally you will work directly with business partners located in our European offices and business partnering with cross-functional members of finance, such as Corporate Tax, FP&A and Legal.
You will focus on key areas for the growing business, including inventory cost accounting, capital project management and ensuring compliance with UK R&D Claims. You will collaborate with other members of the International Finance Team, to identify and shape our processes and policies to ensure that we appropriately control and report our financial performance to HQ.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for the management financial accounting and reporting for both Swiss and UK subsidiaries.
- Managing a small but growing team of subsidiary accountants.
- Ensuring the swift and accurate reporting of month end reporting, oversea subsidiary month-end closing processes and ensuring policy compliance.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests from management, auditors and other external bodies (as required)
- Business Partner with Epic IT to lead system migrations and integration plans.
- Provide input into complex accounting topics, such as M&A, Reorganisations and Revenue Recognition.
- Design, implement and operate key business process controls to ensure that the company has an effective and scalable internal controls framework.
- Have a continuous focus on process and control improvements that are required, and the ability to communicate these to Management.
- Build cross-functional working relationships within the company and externally, and provide technical guidance, training, and support to the Finance, Legal and Business Development teams.
- Own the relationship with the external auditors to ensure that both group and statutory filing obligations are met.
- Gain a solid understanding of business transactions and accounting flow, whilst identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives related to our processes, including reporting, data gathering, analysis and enhancement of existing processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
What we’re looking for
- Fluent in English, any other languages are appreciated.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, or related field.
- Chartered Accountancy qualification or equivalent (preferred but not required).
- Already residing in Switzerland or with an EU passport.
- 5+ years financial accounting experience, preferably within a UK and Swiss accounting environment.
- Good knowledge of both UK GAAP, CH GAAP and country specific financial reporting legislation.
- A working understanding of US GAAP is beneficial.
- Experience of dealing with External Auditor requests.
- Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to summarize key accounting and operational issues to management.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (complex formula, VBA, macros and pivot tables) and proficient with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of working in different ERP systems and system migrations.
- Team management experience.
- Knowledge of international digital sales taxes.
- Complex analytic problem solving and project management skills.
- Independent and self-starter with a “can-do” attitude.
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life . We offer breakfast and lunch subsidized, sick pay and insurance, as well as supplementary accident insurance (100% employer paid), generous pension scheme, parking or public transport cards, are provided.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic! #LI-SH1