This job might no longer be available.
Accounting Consolidation Manager
Palo Alto, CA
4 months ago
Grow your career at AppLovin.
At AppLovin, we build technology that helps make mobile games successful and enables developers to bring their games to more people around the world. Since we launched in 2012, our technology platform has been instrumental in fueling the explosive growth of many mobile games, including those developed by our own studio and by our studio partners. We’ve built an amazing team of talented people who are committed to helping the mobile games industry thrive. Lion Studios by AppLovin works with mobile game developers to publish, market, and grow their businesses. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Toronto, Herzliya and Berlin. Learn more at applovin.com .
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award, which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
This role is an integral part of the Finance Organization, ensuring we can provide timely and accurate financial statements to our management team, Board of Directors, and investors. You’ll support various business initiatives, (such as working with the M&A team to help integrate new subsidiaries into our Applovin accounting close process, and to help ensure that we have the right processes in place to provide timely and accurate financials). If you love to create order out of chaos, we want to speak with you.
- This role will touch on three key areas of accounting: Managing the month-end close and consolidation process for several of our subsidiaries; perform day to day accounting activities for two of our subsidiaries; and working with the M&A team to help onboard new companies as needed.
- As part of the subsidiary month-end close process you will:
- Prepare and communicate of our global close calendars, and act as the point person for inquiries related to the subsidiaries under your control
- Lead the close process with domestic and international Accounting leaders to ensure close deadlines are met and communicating issues to the team accordingly
- Assist in reviewing the balance sheet and income statement for each subsidiary you are responsible for, as well as portions of the consolidated balance sheet and income statement.
- Review intercompany transactions and ensure proper eliminations during consolidation
- Work closely with domestic and international teams to resolve any intercompany issues
- Work with international Accounting leaders to ensure compliance with policies as well as develop operational processes which streamline the close process
- Ensure consistent application of account policies
- Work with various teams to prepare local and consolidated flux analysis
- For the day-to-day accounting responsibilities, you will act as the primary person for at least two of our in-house subsidiaries. This includes:
- Validating month-end revenue and ad spending for these subsidiaries
- Posting mth-end revenue and cost accruals
- Recording various journal entries, and performing balance sheet reconciliations
- Calculating developer royalties
- Tracking various developer contract agreements and liabilities
- As part of the M&A support team, you will;
- Help roll out processes for acquired companies or new entities
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the global close process and implement process improvements
- Play a key role in global financial and accounting processes and policies
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
- Other Functions Includes
- Assist in documentation/implementation of internal controls
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
- Assist in managing portions of the external audit, including preparation and ongoing support
- Maintain the integrity of global account balances in connection with Management & SEC reporting
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA with at least 3 years of Big 4 public accounting firm experience; and 5-7 years overall experience
- Mix of start-up and public company experience and plus; IPO experience is a plus
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- NetSuite is strongly preferred
- Disciplined self-starter and team player
- Possesses passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; action oriented
- Possesses an understanding of the "big picture”, yet Extremely detail oriented.
- Experience working with other team members and exceptional aptitude for project management and multitasking
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems and ability to identify ways to automate processes.
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must have the ability to proactively and creatively approach problem solving in order to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and prioritization skills, as well as strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution oriented individual
- Must have strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- 401k matching
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it
Interested? Send us your resume and let's talk!