This job might no longer be available.
Accountant - Mid-Level
15 days ago
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 250+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
Interested? Let’s talk about what we’re hiring for:
Our Finance team is looking for a mid-level Accountant to join us! Reporting directly to the Controller, this will be a great opportunity to put your existing knowledge and skills to use in a fun and dynamic work environment, while also being given continuous opportunities for ongoing learning and development.
A snapshot of your role:
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the Finance team
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Prepare working papers
- Reviews and processes expenses and payroll records
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Communicating and following up with employee inquiries
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Maintaining coding of sales taxes and preparation of regulatory reporting (GST, PST, WorkSafeBC, Employer Health Tax)
- Perform other ad hoc accounting admin tasks
- 2-3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a public traded company
- Strong proficiency in Excel, QuickBooks Online and NetSuite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible and able to work in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently but as an integral member of our team, often needing to collaborate with other departments to ensure their needs are met
- Working towards a CPA designation
- Experience with the budgeting/planning software such as Planning Maestro
- Passion for games!
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Annual bonus and up to 3% RRSP matching available
- Comprehensive health benefits and a competitive salary, along with an supportive Parental Leave policy
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements; leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our $400 work-from-home allowance to make your home office comfortable
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks of vacation leave, and our free gym at our Solo Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- Generous relocation allowance to support your move to either Vancouver or Victoria
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.