10 days ago
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Accountant is responsible for general AP and AR records and reporting. This includes receiving and verifying invoices, entering invoices for payment, receipt, and maintaining and updating vendor files. Additionally, this position assists in treasury functions such as payment, deposit and check disbursements .
- Set up new vendors; receives and reviews purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with policies, procedures, and contractual requirements; matches original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase orders or payment/wire requests; follow up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts, and serves as a liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries
- Reconcile and manage payroll booking, including employee reimbursements.
- Manage company credit card applications, reconciliation and booking.
- Revenue and AR reconciliation and booking.
- Manage and file invoices properly. Make sure all invoices are scanned & saved in a shared drive in a timely manner.
- Deposit checks to the bank and prepares 1099 Misc Income list, 1042 deposit.
- Prepare depreciation and amortization schedule.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Experience in AP/AR accounting and reporting function of a small to mid-size company
- Experience with IRS filings such as form 1099 preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of Quickbook and Oracle ERP preferred
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.