16 days ago
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a remote-first home to bring your Accounting skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Please note: Even though this role is remote, we are only interviewing candidates who live within 1 hour of Madison WI. Or Champaign IL.
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, Fun, and low-crunch are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
What you’ll be doing:
- General Ledger:
- Preparation of month-end journal entries and accruals
- Month-end account reconciliations
- Bank and credit card account reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable:
- Create invoices using QuickBooks
- Review the AR aging to ensure that there are no long-outstanding invoices
- Follow up with customers for payment
- Accounts Payable:
- Process AP payments including checks, ACH, and wires
- Review employee expense reports for proper classification and payment
- Review current process for improvement and cost savings
- Complete bi-monthly payroll
- Oversee payroll provider to ensure proper tax filings
- Work with HR to ensure proper payroll setup for new employees
- Audit and statutory support:
- Prepare supporting schedules for financial reviews and annual audit
- Work with external audits to complete annual audit
- Reporting and account analysis:
- Assist with balance sheet and P&L variance analysis
- Assist in the preparation of month end financial package
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasting process
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Other ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, & Google Platforms
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team and suggest improvements to various processes
- Interest in video game development a plus
- Experience with Net Suite a plus
- Exposure to IFRS a plus
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band. Apply today and become part of the Lost Boys adventure!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.