Accountant - CPA Graduate Program (8 months)
13 days ago
Finance Development Program
(Based in Burnaby, BC)
Electronic Arts (EA) is looking for the next generation of finance leaders to join the team at one of our largest game development studios in Burnaby, BC. This unique opportunity open to recent graduates and students in their senior year of university looking for a CPA articling role. You will gain exposure to different areas within finance and accounting through a fixed 30-month rotational program on the following teams:
Canada Corporate Accounting Team (First 15 months)
Worldwide Studios - Financial Planning & Analysis (Last 15 months)
Targeted Start Date: September 2024
EA Canada offers a CPABC pre-approved training program.
What will you do:
- Work with business partners to translate financial data into insights to enhance operational decision-making
- Provide financial analysis focused on a variety of areas such as maximizing profitability or resource allocation.
- Build reports to track results and help present financials to business partners.
- We use progressive tools to review, analyze and visualize data, telling the story of financial drivers, performance, risk and opportunities.
- Prepare journal entries, perform account reconciliations and analyze the balance sheet (BS), profit and loss (P&L) statement and other financial reports as part of EA's ongoing North America and Global close activities.
- Support Canada Corporate Accounting team in the compilation of EA Inc.'s balance sheet FX hedging forecasts to Treasury.
- Prepare ad-hoc analytics/ reporting required to work on ongoing projects including but not limited to efficient processes, IT systems and quality documentation
Training and Development:
You will be paired with a buddy in our Finance team who will meet with you regularly to provide mentorship to help you gain the skills needed for a successful career at EA. This program provides visibility to EA's finance leadership team through special projects, presentations, and networking.
Technical Skills and Requirements:
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business with a GPA of a minimum 3.3 GPA or equivalent, graduating May/June 2024
- Enjoy collaborating within a diverse group, across myriad divisions / functions, both as part of a team and as an independent contributor
- Proficiency in independently monitoring workload and deadlines
- Bring creative ideas and solutions to problems
- Embraces change in a dynamic environment
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $45,900 - $72,000 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.