This job might no longer be available.
Academy Video Editor - Publishing
25 days ago
We have an amazing opportunity to join our nDreams Academy as a Video Editor at nDreams HQ. This role is offered as a six-month contract with a salary of £25,000 per annum (pro-rata) with the opportunity to move into a full-time role.
At nDreams and Academy, we take pride in fostering an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity. We encourage applications from individuals with varying educational journeys whether from university, college, self-taught routes, or equivalent hands-on experience. This is your chance to break into the industry – with all of the support, learning, and experiences you need to achieve your potential.
✈ The role is based in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford.
We are on the search for an Academy Video Editor to work alongside the Publishing arm’s creative team. Supporting the senior video editor and senior capture specialist, the role will help you acquire skills utilising industry tools and real games industry experience all while working alongside high level professionals.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Support the edit of engaging trailers showcasing major VR game releases
- Support the capture of standout VR gameplay for use in trailers, gameplay clips and more
- Learn to create visually appealing motion graphics and animations that enhance the overall impact of videos.
- Support the versioning of video content across multiple social platforms and geographical regions.
- Manage and organise video assets, ensuring proper naming conventions, file structures, and version control.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions and idea generation for upcoming projects.
- Assist with video shoots, including setting up equipment, lighting, and capturing additional footage if necessary.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for nDreamers who:
- Show demonstrable knowledge and skills in Film Production, Media Studies, Graphic Design, or a related field equivalent to degree-level
- Have a strong proficiency in video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro) and motion graphics software (e.g., Adobe After Effects).
- Have a creative portfolio showcasing your video editing and motion graphics skills.
- Have a solid understanding of visual storytelling, composition, and design principles.
- Share, believe, and demonstrate our nDreams behaviours.
- Show a positive, solution-orientated attitude that empowers others.
- Are results-driven, ambitious, and committed to producing work of the highest quality.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to join the nDreams Academy you will:
- Have under 6 months industry experience.
- Have left education within the last 2 years.
- Be based in the UK.
- Be eligible to work in the UK without visa sponsorship.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills relevant to the discipline of which you have applied.
- Be within commutable distance to Farnborough.
Who are we?
We are nDreams, a world-leading game developer and publisher with nearly a decade of VR specialism. Combining a drive to push technological boundaries with proven gaming excellence, we are the team who set the standard for VR action games with Fracked and the award-winning Phantom: Covert Ops.
With our team’s triple-A credentials and sensibilities, alongside bespoke VR technologies, we’ve got the skillset, processes and creative vision to deliver innovative, high-end games for all VR platforms and genres. If it’s VR gaming, you will find nDreams at the forefront of it.
Our projects continue to advance the present and define the future of VR. Want to be a part of it? Apply today to join a studio with a state-of-the-art collaborative workflow and diverse talents assembled from world-leading game developers and publishers.
Our expanding company shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and leading the future of VR. We encourage an open and diverse culture and empower people to explore ideas and put their own stamp on their work. With humble beginnings as an independent studio, we combine amazing projects and considerable scale with a personal, caring touch.
We offer great perks, including flexible hours, duvets days, your birthday off, dedicated personal development time and support, as well as regular socials and parties. Beyond this, there’s an excellent holiday offering, pension scheme, health insurance, life cover and much more.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.