18 days ago
The AR Specialist supports the Cash Application processes within the Accounts Receivable team, ensuring its quality and effectiveness. Moreover he/she secures company assets by applying tight controls in the financial transactions, while providing accurate financial information and timely reporting of balances.
- Downloading daily bank statements.
- Processing of cash deposit batches and postings to customer accounts, including payments made by check, EFT payments, wire deposits.
- Maintain daily cash posting/reconciliation schedules and accurate accounting/audit records and balance batches back to deposit total.
- Partner with Collections/Billing team to obtain remittance details.
- Investigate open balances relating to unapplied cash, maintain weekly status and continuous follow-up until payment is fully applied.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT issues with regards to EDI payments.
- Liaise with GL functions to troubleshoot and resolve unidentified payments.
- Run various reports for On-Account Cash and Unapplied Cash, KPI Reports.
- Ensure all transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Provide back-up documentation during periodic global audits.
- Provide support for other duties & projects as assigned.
- 1-2 years of Order 2 Cash domain experience.
- Knowledge of Cash Application using a lockbox.
- Must be able to quickly learn and grasp new tasks, ideas, and processes.
- Ability to thrive in high volume fast paced environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within Accounting.
- Well organized, attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work in a team environment and take direction.
- Flexible, ability to change assignment or plans for day with little notice.
- Knowledge of Oracle R12 system a plus.
Bcom or Finance Graduate a must, MBA preferred but not mandatory.