This job might no longer be available.
AI Software Engineer - C++ (Star Wars FPS)
11 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when experienced people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We are looking for an AI Engineer to join our Star Wars FPS team. You'll report to the Lead AI Engineer and help us deliver our next incredible experience for players!
- Implement a variety of AI technologies related to path finding, behaviors, and tools
- Research, evaluate and decide on technologies the team will use
- Work closely with designers to gather requirements and develop features
- Proactively identify issues, propose and implement solutions
- Perform code reviews to ensure code quality
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- 3+ years of experience with C++
- Contributor to the AI effort on at least one game
- Understanding of path finding and behavior selection technologies (e.g. behavior trees, utility AI, planners, etc.)
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for making and playing games
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience working on a multiplayer game
- Experience working with consoles
- Experience working on an FPS
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you! We are an equal opportunity team. This role is open to long-term remote applicants within ~3 hours of PST.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.