9 days ago
As our AI Programmer, you oversee the elements that aren’t controlled by the player (e.g.: enemy actions and behaviours) and add to the player experience. You care about keeping our players immersed in the game world. Using our most advanced tools, you make the unexpected come to life; in many ways, you are responsible for creating the exciting, suspenseful and downright fun interactions within a game's universe. One of your biggest thrills is witnessing players engage with your work in surprising new ways.
- Compile and understand the AI needs of the project to develop the necessary elements and assess their technical feasibility
- Assess existing AI functionalities in the engine and whether they meet project requirements
- Suggest improvements if necessary by designing and implementing new systems
- Program in C++ in a clear and structured way, considering performance, maintenance, and compatibility requirements
- Support the AI functionalities and systems designed for production
- Determine and correct the AI bugs identified by people from other crafts and the quality control team
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new AI systems and functionalities
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You are driven by innovation and creativity. You are eager to solve problems and provide structured solutions. You believe in collaboration but also in autonomy and proactive work. You care about details and can adapt to change. Besides the above, we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Familiarity with the bleeding edge of Game AI
- Familiarity with various Machine Learning approaches is a plus
- Solid proficiency in C++ language;
- A proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game;
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.