AI Programmer (Mid/Senior/Principal)
10 days agoIO Interactive is known for our famous Agent 47 and the immersive world of assassination that never stops to facilitate memorable experiences. That is partly due to the amazing work our AI programmer team has done with crowds and NPC's
We are looking for an experienced AI Programmer that wants to join the project and help build memorable experiences by constantly challenging and developing our AI technology to create the most advanced behaviour with a team that is passionate about tech and games.
Besides a great project, we offer a strong studio culture dedicated to high quality of life, supported by transparent communication and supportive engagement with our team members, we are seeking individuals who can see the vision and take the leap on this new adventure that promises to deliver a one-of-a-kind gameplay experience for players. Our world-class locations in Copenhagen, Malmo and Barcelona offer flexibility, superior benefits, and a high commitment and respect for the individual.
You will work with Glacier, our state-of-the-art engine technology that is part of our success as a studio. Winner of Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019, our engine is built around visual scripting and hot-reloading to enable completely data-driven WYSIWYG game development. Glacier was designed from the ground-up to enable faster iterations on content creation, tweaking and debugging. This has been achieved through a highly-optimized Runtime Resource System, a powerful Live Editor and an on-demand Asset Pipeline.
What you will do:
Who you are:
- You will work closely with game designers, level designers, and animation programmers not just to make the game come alive on the screens, but to make our games become a fun AAA experience.
- You will take part in the design and implementation of our new AI system
- You will develop additional features and bug-fixes for AI running in our current AI system
- The AI team is part of the gameplay team, so you will collaborate with core gameplay and animation programmers. Over time, there will be excellent possibilities for taking different roles.
We would love it if you had:
- You have solid, demonstrable experience with AI programming from games, preferably AAA.
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Knowledge of implementing AI behaviour.
- Ability to navigate effortlessly between back-end and player-facing front-end.
- Well-founded in mathematics.
- Solid understanding of programming best-practices.
- You are a team worker who actively seeks collaboration to find the optimal solutions.
- Open-minded and willing to accept and provide feedback to ensure the highest quality for our systems and gameplay features.
- Have a passion for video games.
- Console programming experience is preferred.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
We are looking for an honest, friendly, open-minded, and relaxed individual that has a genuine passion for games. You should have experience from AAA games and a desire to share knowledge by giving and receiving feedback. Only in that way do we become a stronger team together.
A university degree is nice to have, but we would rather know why we cannot let you and your skills pass rather than knowing about what grades you got. We are looking for a candidate with passion and skills in game development. We want you to value self-improvement as well as improving the team that you will work closely with. When a technical proposal is given, we want you to be able to both give and receive feedback.
Sounds exciting? Apply now – This is a high priority position for us and we are looking forward to welcoming you onboard. We will be interviewing as applications come in, so don't hesitate.Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to, and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 30 nationalities working in both our Barcelona, Copenhagen, and Malmö studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued, and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and we have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open all of our 3 great studios - Malmö, Barcelona or Copenhagen. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application and portfolio in English.
If you have any questions, drop Kasper and email at email@example.com