AI / Gameplay Programmer
Carlsbad, CA, United States
9 days ago
At Rockstar Games we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is looking for talented software engineers to join our international Rockstar AI/Gameplay programming team with a focus on optimization and systems development. We are looking for the smartest natural coders out there that we can help grow into skilled engineers, so you can help us develop bleeding edge architectures, evolve and expand our engine, and build tools and systems that make it fast, flexible and easy to use.
Rockstar is a tight community and highly collaborative, so you will need to be able to communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers and artists.
WHAT WE DO
- We create believable characters using both AI and animation techniques.
- We create believable worlds that players can get immersed in.
- We develop systems, such as navigation, population and weapons.
- We work as a global AI/Gameplay team across multiple studios as well as working closely with animators and designers.
- We follow an iterative process where we tune and polish features.
- Cooperate with artists, designers, and other coders on how to best utilize the current technology.
- Work with other coders to develop high performance systems for population and AI.
- Diagnose AI performance and stability issues and develop solutions.
- Math/computer science degree or equivalent.
- Strong C / C++ knowledge.
- Strong math skills.
- Experience with debugging stability issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, experience working with designers, artists and fellow coders.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and other techniques to improve CPU performance, both high level and low level.
- Good knowledge of computer hardware architecture including caches, instruction pipelines, etc.
- Experience diagnosing performance issues.
- Game programming experience, in particular within AI, gameplay, or animation.
- Experience developing for modern video game consoles.
- Self-motivated, and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Passion for technology and games, in-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.