AI Designer [Black Budget]
23 days ago
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We are PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS, the global battle royale phenomenon! Since the release of our flagship title in 2017 we have become one of the highest selling video games of all time with over 70 million copies sold – that’s a lot of Chicken Dinners!
We are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea and sit within the KRAFTON, Inc. corporation. From our Amsterdam office, we cover Europe, Middle East & Africa, and the CIS region, and have teams dedicated to Product Management, Esports, Content, Communications, Creative, Merchandise, HR and more. We are also creating a new game here, with a growing development team working on a brand-new IP.
Our team is looking for an experienced AI Designer who can design NPC behaviors and combat mechanics to create memorable and challenging gameplay experiences.
Basic Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the game design and programming teams to understand the game's mechanics, level design, and narrative.
- Design and implement NPCs and prototypes in collaboration with the AI programmers.
- Balance the difficulty and challenge of AI behavior to ensure an enjoyable player experience.
- Create, test, and iterate on AI systems based on feedback from playtesting and data analysis.
- Document and communicate AI specifications and guidelines to the development team.
What we’re looking for:
- A solid understanding of AI techniques, such as pathfinding, decision-making, and state machines.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and its AI-related tools.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- A passion for First Person Shooter and Open World games.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An allowance to cover the Dutch mandatory health insurance
- 25 paid + 4 extra paid working days off a year
- Relocation package
- Pension scheme
- A commuter allowance
- A range of snacks & drinks
- Free gym facility in our office building
- Full assistance with visas and the 30% ruling applications when the candidate is eligible
More about our Amsterdam office…
Our office is situated in the Amsterdam Arena area, a buzzing business hub in the southeastern part of the city. Accommodating some of the world’s largest and most exciting companies, the area also transforms at night into a popular social destination. Not far from our office, you’ll find iconic venues such as the Ziggo Dome, Heineken Music Hall and Johan Cruijff Arena – home of Ajax Football Club.
Our Amsterdam team reflects the city’s diverse look and feel. Being mainly expats, we currently represent more than 20 different nationalities – and we are still growing and adding to our team.
We welcome all applications!
We are proud to have such a multicultural environment and we strive to create a safe, inclusive, and harmonious atmosphere for everyone to thrive. We invite applications from all genders, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, and ages.
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills and experience then apply right away!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.