A gamer in a Technical Director suit wanted
6 days ago
We're the Curie Team, and we’re creating new magic. Interested in joining us in building a new world of adventures? This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of building a next-generation MMO from the ground up!
We love horses and the community that has been built around the Star Stable Online universe, but we are ready to move out of our comfort zone into a new world of adventures... without horses.
We are looking for a gamer dressed in a Technical Director suit. Your passion for games has led you into a professional career where you have gained experience as a leader and a technical visionary. You’ve also picked up an understanding of multiplayer games. Do you feel that you are prepared to put those skills to the test while creating a new and innovative game from the ground up?
We’re ready if you are! Here’s the summary of what you would be doing:
- Build and deliver the technical vision for a sustainable game - for now and for the future
- Lead the discussion and together with the team and stakeholders set a technical vision and continuously work with the architecture of the entire technology needed for our game.
- Own and iterate on the technical decisions we make, including engine and tech stack, as we begin and continue development
- Understand the technical needs of a growing team and of a multiplayer game
- Be able to scale and make long term decisions but iterate quickly
- Always be looking at being solution-oriented and helping bring the right people together to solve problems.
- Contribute to the vision and innovation in building Curie
- Bring strong leadership to the organization and work with the Producer to build our technical team
To navigate all of the above we think that you can bring:
- Knowledge and all up-to-date with the current technical landscape, especially in multiplayer games
- Strong leadership skills - being able to influence in a cross-functional organization
- Clear communication skills across many levels of the organization
- Understanding when to buy components vs when to build our own
- Clarity when taking tech decisions (both pro/cons) in line with the vision you will create and own (in line with Starstable Entertainment overall vision)
- A can do attitude, while being realistic with constraints and costs.
- A growth mindset and eagerness to learn and continuously develop
- Experience with Unity is preferred
The mission for the team
This new game is something totally different, so the team that builds it really needs to be daring and driven and have our values in the backpack. We all need to be good collaborators and communicators.
We know that we will try small and fail fast. We will be open to feedback and let our audience grow with us. We know when to ask for help and how to share our knowledge with others. And we do know that at this stage, perfection is the enemy of success.
To help you during this journey you will have a whole company with many years of experience and support functions. You’ll join our Creative Director, Producer, and Game Designer in shaping the vision and bringing this new product to life to delight new audiences.
What we offer you
- A pretty sweet mission. We want to build quality games for girls and we take that vision very seriously. We strive to hit that mark every single day.
- We may be a big group, but we’re a tight-knit team! A diverse team of friendly, fun, and supportive co-workers from 20 different countries!
- We’re more than 50%female identifying! #YES to #WomenInTech!
- Flexible working opportunities.
- We’re known to throw good parties from time to time.
- 30 Vacation Days.
- ITP1 Insurance plan.
- Parental pay top up to 90%
- 5,000 SEK per year Health allowance.
Sounds exciting? We hope so! We are really thrilled to know more about our Technical Director so reach out and apply!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.