3D Senior Lighting Artist | Charlie and The Chocolate Factory (Netflix)
3 days ago
Mikros Animation is happy to announce a new collaboration with Netflix on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the upcoming animated event series based on the Roald Dahl book" Written, Directed and Executive Produced by Taika Waititi.
We are looking for Lighting Artists to join our teams at Mikros Animation for this new adventure! 🍫 🍭
Under the supervision of the Lead and the Lighting Supervisor, the Lighting Artist's mission is to lighten the shots assigned to him while ensuring their technical and visual quality. He is also responsible for the preparation of his scenes, their rendering and their delivery. He relies on both solid technical skills and an aesthetic sense to produce images in accordance with the artistic vision of the project.
Its tasks consist of:
- To lighten his assigned shots while being responsible for their technical and artistic quality
- To be able to follow an existing lighting and adapt it to the needs of the shot while maintaining the visual continuity of the sequence
- Bring strong artistic and technical expertise
- Ensure the proper consideration and execution of the retakes requested by the supervisor / lead and their follow up
- Respect the manufacturing process and production deadlines
- Organize work and prepare presentation elements for validations / reviews in shotgun
Skills required ...
- Proficiency in Maya
- Knowledge of Arnold and rendering layers
- Knowledge of Nuke and ideally of the AOV system
- Rigor, autonomy and the ability to work in a coherent and orderly manner
- Taste for teamwork and discussion about one's work
- Be proactive and know how to adapt
- Previous experiences as a lighting artist on projects of animated feature films and / or animated television series
… And valued assets
- Knowledge of Katana
- Be comfortable with the Linux environment
- Knowledge of Shotgrid
- Python scripting concepts
- Be comfortable in an English-speaking work environment
Salary & Contract
- Remuneration according to profile
- Start Date : ASAP
- Work Location : Paris, France
- Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
- Transport : Mikros pays 75% of your parisian public transportation subscription
- Meal subsidies (=Tickets Restaurant) : 9.35€/day
Note that male generic is used for the purpose of lightening the text.
Mikros Animation subscribes to the principle of employment equity.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring power
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.