3D Scan Artist (Contract)
1 month ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
3D Scan Artist (Contract)
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner Eastridge with a high likelihood of extension.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts Group (PSSVA) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies. For over two decades we have shared knowledge, support and ground breaking techniques with the very best developers in the industry: Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more.
If you are a 3D artist looking to join a talented team in a role that will allow you to learn and grow, we want to hear from you! As a 3D Scan Artist you will be using scan data to generate high quality art assets using your skills such as remeshing, sculpting, and texturing.
If you’ve been working with 4D scans we want to hear from you as soon as possible!
- Use modeling and texturing ability to create photorealistic assets.
- Build, edit, and retoplogize 3d scan data.
- Sculpting in Zbrush to generate high resolution meshes.
- Creating textures using Photoshop and Zbrush/Mudbox/Mari.
- Work with production to follow schedules and deliver assets on time.
- Work with leads to ensure high level of quality.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Proficient in Zbrush, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Portfolio should show quality and ability to hit a photorealistic and believable look.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, human anatomy, and surface properties.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies.
- Can to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Thrives working in a team environment.
- Experience using scan data and knowledge of photogrammetry.
- Previous console experience with a shipped title.
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Experience with blendshapes.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.