15 days ago
As our 3D Programmer you’ll create the stunning visuals for our games. You are passionate about developing new technologies and workflows to put the power of creation into the hands of artists. You will analyze and re-think existing technology and tools to build new methods to create the most beautiful and memorable game worlds in the industry. You are eager to dive into work across the spectrum of 3D programming from rendering engine architecture to hardware ray tracing to shader optimization.
- Plan 3D technology development with Technical Artists and the Lead Programmer
- Iteratively develop new 3D technology in collaboration with Technical Artists and other programmers
- Analyse and propose improvement to the existing 3D technology in the engine
- Perform memory and performance optimizations of the 3D technology to meet the requirements for target platforms of the game
- Provide support to Technical Artists and other team members as required to correctly and efficiently utilize the 3D technology
- Debug and fix issues in the 3D technology as they arise
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You have the drive to push the real-time rendering quality in games to the limit. You are passionate about new technologies and have the know-how to implement them. You believe in team ownership of what you craft and will be working with your colleagues to share ideas and solve complex problems. Besides the above we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional programming experience
- Professional experience using C++ with excellent multi-threaded programming techniques
- Understanding of modern GPU rendering pipeline and how to utilize it efficiently
- Solid understanding of 3D linear algebra
- Experience with hardware raytracing, voxels and/or global illumination
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch_Dogs.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more.