9 days ago
For its Annecy Production Studio, Ubisoft is looking for a 3D Programmer (M/F) to join a team in charge of developing a AAA game and participate in the upcoming Ubisoft blockbuster.
The 3D programmer will be responsible for the features that render the 3D game universe (e.g. render architecture, texture, SFX, lighting, etc.).
Your daily life
- Compile and understand the 3D intentions of the project , document development needs and assess technical feasibility;
- Analyze existing 3D functions in the engine and suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems
- Collaborate with the graphic design technical director to establish constraints and communicate the technical possibilities of the various 3D features to the artistic teams
- Suggest innovations inspired by other from the games industry
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed and integrated 3D systems meet the specific and general project intentions and are coherent with existing code
- Optimize whenever necessary
- Support the 3D features and systems designed for production
- Determine and correct the 3D bugs identified by other working units and the quality control team
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other working units) to understand how to use the 3D systems and functions
- Carry out all other related tasks
What you bring
- Significant experience in 3D programming, ideally in the video game sector, or any other relevant experience
- Proficiency with the C++ programming language
- Advanced knowledge of the following API 3D in C++ (DirectX11, DirectX12, Vulkan) and Shader languages (HLSL, GLSL, etc.)
- Knowledge of best practices in software design and memory compromises vs CPU vs GPU in a multiplatform context
- Solid knowledge of linear algebra and mathematics linked to 3D
- Knowledge of multiplatforms and tools an asset
- Knowledge of the production tools used y the artists (3DSMax/Maya, Photoshop, etc.)
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change and to work as part of a team
- Passionate about video games
- The ability to effectively communicate in english
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
Ubisoft’s 20 000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.