3D Programmer [Snowdrop Pipeline]
13 days ago
Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
Working on our render team, your primary focus will be on implementing, extending, and maintaining the various core render systems of our in-house engine Snowdrop™. As a render programmer you will be part of a very committed R&D team working with multiple hardware platforms. You will be expected to work in collaboration with other programmers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop and its various titles to an even higher visual and performant standard.
This attention to detail when it comes to the correct abstraction structures, and most concise separations, has enabled Snowdrop to become very scalable and performs well on multiple platforms. More precisely, you will work in areas such as Raytracing, MeshShading, Volumetric atmospheric effects, other topics within Lighting & Shadowing, Tone-Mapping, PostFX, Texture & Geometry Streaming, and also investigating critical issues such as GPU-hangs and exciting rendering bugs.
What you’ll do
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing render systems
- Working with C++ and shader programming
- Developing features for multiple platforms and different hardware capabilities
- Optimizing the systems, you are responsible for, regarding performance and memory footprint
- Debugging GPU and rendering issues
What you bring
Enthusiasm and dream of creating efficient and aesthetic computer graphics, and doing that by placing attention to high quality and elegant C++. You are self-motivated and value quality in everything you do and have a good attention to detail. You are creative and delight in overcoming technical limitations and solving difficult problems. Have an awareness on new developments in APIs and Hardware, so that we can predict and make the right decisions about what is available in the public 2-3 years from now.
- Professional experience with C++ programming and debugging in the video games industry, ideally with focus on consoles or equivalent experience
- Intimately familiar with various graphics APIs (DirectX 11/12, OpenGL, Vulkan) and associated shader languages
- Experience with performance critical programming
- Thorough knowledge of 3D mathematics, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
- Experience with general purpose computations on GPU's
- Experience with GPU performance analysis and tools
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.