3D Outsource Manager
7 days ago
Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
And that's where you come in.... We’re looking for an energetic 3D Outsource Manager that is meticulous about the details and can help maintain our vision by collaborating and working with our artists to create an amazing gaming experience.
What you will do…
- Work with the Character Artist and Art Director to maintain high quality topology, UVs, and textures for models produced by external artists
- Give feedback to outsource partners to maintain the visual style of 3D models and textures
- Collaborate with the Art Director and all 3D artists to develop and maintain the style and quality of all outsource work
- Use your deep expertise with characters/models/materials to provide effective and clear feedback that is easy to understand
- Organize and manage a high volume of art assets, with a strong attention to detail and responsibility for production schedules
- Support the team when needed by creating models, textures, and materials for characters, creatures, environments, and props for the game
- Strong understanding of characters/models/materials and how they fit into the production pipeline
- Ability to give clear and concise written and visual feedback
- Understanding of modern game art pipelines including model and texture import/export for engines
- Experience with version control, task tracking, and documentation tools such as Perforce, Jira, Trello/Favro, and Confluence
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple departments to ensure models and textures meet technical requirements
- Relationship management skills and ability to build rapport with artists and producers from various cultural backgrounds
- Experience with modern asset creation and editing tools such as Substance Painter, Maya, and Unreal Engine 4
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.