3D Modeler - Contract
7 days ago
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a talented and passionate 3D modeler to join its art team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience modeling detailed environments, props, and vehicles with the ability to take an asset from concept to a final production ready model. We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record of production experience, creative problem solving, and interpersonal skills to help the company fulfill its objectives.
- Work closely with the Director, art team and other team disciplines to create stunning 3D assets including characters, creatures, and other assets using provided concept art.
- Generate efficient UVs that follow our standards and allow proper hand off to Look Dev
- Support the overall vision for the project while taking ownership of assigned work.
- Work within a production schedule and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ensure Assets are properly packaged for future pipeline teams (Lookdev, Rigging, etc.)
- Communicate with production, art management, and other departments.
- Proactively stay current with new software, asset development processes and industry trends and share this knowledge with the team.
- Provide, receive, and execute on feedback in a professional manner
- 2+ years of professional experience with 3D asset creation for CG animated productions or other related fields.
- Must have strong examples of stylized assets and detailed environments.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Maya or similar 3d packages like 3ds Max.
- Expert knowledge of creating rigging friendly topology.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Must provide a Portfolio and Resume.
- Experience with ZBrush is a plus.
- Experience with Shotgun or other Animation Pipeline tracking software is a plus.
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.