3D Graphics Programmer (M/F)
Annecy Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes fr
10 days ago
For its Annecy Production Studio, Ubisoft is looking for a 3D Programmer to join a team in charge of developing a AAA game and participate in the upcoming Ubisoft blockbuster.
The 3D programmer will be responsible for the features that render the 3D game universe (e.g. render architecture, texture, SFX, lighting, etc.).
The main and routine tasks of the 3D programmer are to:
* Compile and understand the 3D intentions of the project, document development needs and assess technical feasibility;
* Analyze existing 3D functions in the engine and see if they are in line with intentions;
* Suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems;
* Collaborate with the graphic design technical director to establish constraints and communicate the technical possibilities of the various 3D features to the artistic teams;
* Suggest innovations inspired by other from the games industry;
* Validate and verify whether the newly developed and integrated 3D systems meet the specific and general project intentions and are coherent with existing code;
* Optimize whenever necessary;
* Support the 3D features and systems designed for production;
* Determine and correct the 3D bugs identified by other working units and the quality control team;
* Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other working units) to understand how to use the 3D systems and functions;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent training;, with a minimum 2 years’ experience in 3D programming, ideally in the video game sector, or any other relevant experience
* Master the C++language
* Advanced knowledge of one or several API 3D in C++ (DirectX11/12, Vulkan, OpenGL, proprietary API) and Shader languages (HLSL, GLSL, etc.)
* Knowledge of best practices in software design and memory compromises vs CPU vs GPU in a multiplatform context
* Solid knowledge of linear algebra and mathematics linked to 3D
* Knowledge of multiplatforms and tools an asset
* Knowledge of the production tools used y the artists (3DSMax/Maya, Photoshop, etc.)
* Good analytical and synthesis skills
* Autonomy and resourcefulness
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to adapt to change and to work as part of a team
* Passionate about video games
* Good English level
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Rayman, Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s : The Division®, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Steep !
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate peers and collaborate, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!