This job might no longer be available.
3D Generalist Artist - Spain
21 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
Striking Distance Studios is looking for an experienced 3D Generalist in Zaragoza, Spain, to help create a new next generation AAA experience.
- Work closely with Character team to define the look of characters and creatures, including textures, materials and hair.
- Create compelling visuals on cinematics through lighting in Unreal Engine 4
- Support the rendering team to create new technology and R&D on industry trends to improve the project's visual quality and efficiency
- Create high quality materials
- Assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining material pipelines
- Work with technical artists to develop advanced shaders and materials
- 3+ years industry experience with at least 1 title shipped on major current gen platforms
- Experience with Unreal is preferable
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity, including character look development, lighting and material creation
- Ability to troubleshoot lighting artifacts is preferable
- Strong knowledge of 3D art production
- Strong knowledge of Maya, Substance and Photoshop
- Strong understanding of PBR workflows, lighting, compositing, digital photography, color theory, 3D modeling and rigging
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Strong texturing and material creation skills
- Strong eye for photorealism
- Photogrammetry experience is preferable
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills