3D Game Artist
8 days ago
HakJak Studios is seeking an experienced 3D Artist to join our art team. The ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, and has knowledge of game development processes. They will assist in the creation of game-ready characters and environment models.
What you’ll do...
- Work with the art team on multiple aspects of game art production, such as creating 3D characters and environments, as well as animation and rigging.
- Help create and maintain art and technical pipelines.
- Implement optimization and loading improvements.
What you’ll need...
- Strong and varied portfolio showing examples of work from multiple disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of Maya.
- Good knowledge of ZBrush.
- Experience using Unity.
- Complete understanding of modeling, texturing and optimization of assets.
- Experience with Substance Painter.
- Knowledge of rigging, skinning and animation.
- A passion to learn new skills.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Comfort and familiarity with working remotely and using instant chat tools (Discord).
- 2D drawing and painting ability.
- Solid foundation in art fundamentals of composition, design, light, etc.
- Knowledge of human anatomy.
- Familiarity with version control systems (currently using Plastic SCM).
- Experience in creating procedural environments.
- Experience making cool particle systems, shaders or other VFX.
- Ability to analyze and act on feedback from the team; openness to critique.
SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!
- A link to your beautiful portfolio(s)!
- Videos or GIFs of any animations or juicy VFX you’ve made.
- Links/media of projects you did just for fun / learning (personal art, game jam collabs, etc.) and what you contributed.
- A competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO
- Working with some really cool people on really cool games that will be seen and played around the world!
APPLYING FOR A JOB DURING A PANDEMIC
- HakJak Studios is a new and growing company, backed by the fine folks at tinyBuild.
- We’ll help you set up your perfect workspace at home; your creative haven.
- Work remotely for as long as you like! Although the core team is based in Boise, Idaho, USA, we’re all working remotely right now and wouldn’t expect you to change your work arrangements if we set up a physical office in the future.
- Apply! Send your Resume to email@example.com You'll get a reply from us to acknowledge receipt and another one later to let you know if you've made it to Stage 2.
- Stage 2 will be a simple screener interview with 1-2 people from the company to meet you/video chat, get some context on your experience and goals, and whether our needs align.
- Stage 3 might be a fun art test, if we think it makes sense. We'll give you plenty of notice, and we'll compensate you for your time if you choose to take it!
- Stage 4 will be a deeper, more technical interview and an opportunity to meet more of the team and get to know each other better. After this, you'll either get a job offer or some feedback from us to help you apply successfully in the future
Location: Remote Position (U.S. only please)
Job Types: Full-time
Send Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org