This job might no longer be available.
3D Environment Artist
1 year ago
The 3D Artist produces autonomously the modeling and texturing of 3D objects, characters and the graphical content of levels in accordance with the artistic direction and production deadlines. He/she works with Concept/Lighting/Texture artists, Game and Level designers to ensure that there are no technical problems met, or hindering of the work of other team members.
- Produce autonomously the modeling and texturing of 3D objects in accordance with the artistic direction and production deadlines;
- Deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction;
- Apply optimization to her/his work;
- Efficiently apply graphic principles in her/his work;
- Use and look for artistic references - in video games or in other artistic domains - in order to improve the visual aspect of the game;
- Suggest images in line with the project's artistic direction;
- Understand and implement the desired gameplay intentions in the game levels she/he is in charge of;
- Is flexible and able to adapt to different artistic styles.
- Experience in Autodesk 3D Studio Max (modeling and texturing tools);
- Ability to understand technical constraints and to integrate them when modeling;
- Very good knowledge of modeling techniques;
- Very good knowledge of texture mapping and material;
- Ability to use efficiently the texture space and to take into consideration the pixel ratio;
- Good sense of form, shape, silhouette in regards to objects;
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
- Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams;
- Passion for games and strong game culture;
- Good English and communication skills.
Nice To Have
- Previous experience in game development will be very appreciated;
- Drawing and sculpting skills are additional plus.
- Informal, friendly and international working environment;
- Opportunities to develop your skills working on AAA games;
- Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry;
- Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings;
- Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more;
- Flexible working hours;
- Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CONTACT: Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English and portfolio.
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class game dev studio. Throughout the years, it has developed a rich portfolio, ranging from casual to action adventure games, and covering a wide range of platforms and technologies. The Studio has brought its expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and Assassin’s Creed®.
For more than seven years Ubisoft Sofia has been a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed franchise, most recently taking a significant part in the development of Assassin’s Creed Origins, and also leading the creation of both its mythology DLC “The Curse of the Pharaohs” and Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered. After 13 years, more than 18 released games, and increasing its teams almost seven times to 230+ people, Ubisoft Sofia is currently working on contributing to a number of big Ubisoft's titles, including Beyond Good and Evil 2. The most recent achievement of the production teams in the Studio is the release of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, highly acclaimed by both players and critics alike.