3D Environment Artist II - Unpublished Fighting Game
7 days ago
As part of the Environment Art team, you will channel your knowledge of concepting, modeling, and texturing to help tell stories through visually compelling environments. Working within both design and technical constraints you will build optimized environments that enhance the purpose and mood of the game. Your craft expertise and eye for structure, form, shape language, and design will help build fantastic new worlds for our players to explore.
Project L is our new fighting game! As a 3D Environment Artist II on Project L, you will report to the Manager of 3D Environment Art and will help create the handcrafted visual style of the project. Additionally, you will find the right balance between creating a beautiful world and its gameplay. And you’ll also help to oversee the creation of the project's environments through modeling, sculpting, texturing, and lighting.
- Create and guide the look/feel of 3D assets ranging from hard surface structures to organic foliage
- Influence asset creation pipeline with your understanding of optimized low poly asset creation such as modular kits to take into account efficiency, speed, and cross dependencies
- Work with various materials from hand painted diffuse and other texturing workflows
- Light environments using modern technologies
- Interpret and push concept designs to the next level while taking into account technical and design constraints such as draw calls, poly counts, texture memory limits, and gameplay boundaries
- Communicate with various other disciplines to ensure all assets are optimized and performant
Required Qualifications :
- 3+ years of professional experience as an Environment Artist
- Professional experience working in stylized art styles
- Professional experience working in 3D Coat, Maya, and Photoshop or equivalent
Desired Qualifications :
- Professional experience working in Unreal engine and Z-Brush
- Strong understanding of Substance and hand painted texturing workflows
- Professional experience working as an environment concept artist
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.