This job might no longer be available.
3D Character Modeler - Disney Wonderful Worlds
1 month ago
We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Character Modeler that can tackle the following responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the production team and the Lead Artist;
- Create high quality characters for mobile platforms;
- Create 3D graphic assets;
- Create characters, outfits, accessories and other items, based on concept art, from scratch to production quality;
- Produce facial expressions for characters;
- Retopologize using 3D Coat;
- Produce textures to create stylized characters based on the artistic vision of the game;
- Active participation to team meetings;
- Consider technical constraints of the game and the concerns of the animators;
- Collaborate with riggers and animators to ensure the production of optimized meshes and the consistency of the characters styles;
- Respect deadlines defined by the production team.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design or equivalent;
- 5 years or more of experience in a similar position;
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max;
- Strong knowledge of ZBrush;
- Good Knowledge of 3D Coat;
- Familiar with Quixel and XNormal;
- Strong experience with maps of different textures (normal, diffuse, light bakes);
- Good knowledge of UV mapping;
- Solid understanding of art production processes;
- Independent, responsible and committed worker;
- Skills in time management and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and meticulous;
- Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive feedback;
- A Portfolio that shows strong abilities and modeling.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/7;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, Lovelink, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded as "Canada’s best game maker" by Apple, and "Best Place to Work 2018" by gamesindustry.biz !