3D Character Artist Outsource SupervisorAlbany, NY or Irvine, CA
18 days ago
Job Title:3D Character Artist Outsource SupervisorAlbany, NY or Irvine, CA
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
If you're a highly motivated and experienced Character Artist looking for the next step in your career as a supervisor, then come work with us and help us build something extraordinary.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we will be a phenomenal fit for you.
Oh, also, you really like killing demons and getting loot, right?
Stuff We will Trust you With
Be a force multiplier with your legendary creativity and cunning eye for detail. Do you geek out on pipelines, communication, process, relationships, feedback, and all other things connected to successful outsourcing of game art assets? This job is about running our external and internal communications, ensuring everything runs smoothly, and getting our outsourced assets into a "game ready" state. We're looking for an extraordinarily talented person to come spend some quality time in Sanctuary and descend into the deep dark dungeons of Diablo with us! Your experience in handling character art production will help make us all better at making a lot of gorgeous content.
Your responsibilities will range from crafting briefs and managing planning documents to tweaking incoming assets for the Diablo world to make them look as amazing as possible. You’ll also be providing timely, precise, and constructive feedback to our external partners to ensure their work is consistently on target.
Work alongside Leads and Art Directors to collaborate and share a vision of creating the next iteration of a game industry defining franchise.
Stuff You Are Familiar With
You may wonder what it will take to be successful in this role. Manage communication, provided feedback to artists, and helped maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generated detailed documentation, video reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures to support external vendors.
- Owned the quality control over incoming art assets.
- Implemented approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Worked closely with art leads and production team to determine outsourcing needs.
- Shipped AAA PC or console title(s) as a character artist
- Demonstrated knowledge of all the various tools used to craft assets for a modern PBR game engine pipelines in relevant character art portfolio
And Yeah, You Will Need These Things To Apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Willingness to complete a test if requested to do so.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.