3D Character Artist - Internship - Fall 2020
Montreal QC ca
5 days ago
Behaviour Interactive is looking for a 3D Character Artist to participate in the development of its games.
The 3D Character Artist artist will be required to produce characters but also other game elements such as environments and props.
The ideal candidate is autonomous and resourceful, with a keen eye for detail, and easily adapts to different styles. The candidate stays up to date with technological developments in the industry. His artistic style should be similar to animation films without being exclusive.
- Create the various elements required for the production of the game including textures and materials;
- Ensure optimal game performance by understanding and respecting the technical guidelines and optimizing the artistic elements, while achieving the desired visual quality;
- Communicate with other departments to understand their needs and requirements.
- Mastery of the modelling component of the Autodesk Maya software. Relevant experience with other similar software is considered;
- Good knowledge of Photoshop;
- Portfolio demonstrates skills in the creation of 3D models, textures, UV unfolding in and lighting;
- Traditional drawing is an asset;
- Degree or training in 2D animation / or recognized 3D Art education (in progress or completed);
- Ability to work in a team and communicate, orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner;
- Passion for video games;
- Understanding PBR techniques (physically based rendering) is an asset;
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.