3D Character Art Intern
14 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
3D Character Art Intern
San Diego, CA or Remote
At Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), Visual Arts is a critical business asset that facilitates 3D Art and animation content and production solutions for our internal and external partnering studios such as Naughty Dog, Bend, Sucker punch, God of War. Within the Character team we are responsible to partner with the Studios to provide industry leading content and solutions throughout the production cycles to provide the highest quality 3D / 4D Scanned Characters, Faces and Rigging content to support production needs.
- Utilize sculpting skills, artistic eye and understanding of anatomy, form to create a range of character assets from stylized to photo-real in ZBrush/Maya
- Collaborate with Leads and Senior Artists to create industry leading characters, character props that meets
- Contribute and create alternate skin designs for approved characters
- Contribute to writing and editing technical user documentation, which includes specifications, integrations, and instructional documentation
- Consistently meet timelines for training exercises
- Attend character pipeline training and project meetings clearly communicate progress, changes, and roadblocks to mentors
- Rising senior, projected to graduate by Spring 2024
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university, pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D., JD, or MBA degree
- Experience creating all aspects of 3D character art for games
- Demonstrate artistic foundation in design, composition, color, anatomy
- Experience in creating character art in 3D programs/Tools including, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Mudbox
- Understanding of Marmoset, Substance, Unreal game engines is a plus
- Desire to collaborate and develop strong and positive team relationships
- Attention to detail, organization skills, and strong work ethic and ability to handle confidentiality
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.