13 days ago
As a 3D artist, you will be responsible for creating 3D models and textures based on the directions from Leads, Art Directors to make technically and artistically sound assets. Work with a group of experts from different fields – art, tech, design, audio, animation, etc.
As part of a multinational group that specializes in player-facing products, you will have the opportunity to bring value to the Ubisoft communities and have direct impact on millions of players from the first day.
- Create realistic, high quality 3D models and textures for architecture, organic and inorganic props in accordance with the artistic direction, production timelines and technical specifications.
- Sculpt/Model, UV, texture and create materials for PBR pipeline.
- Validate the assets in the game engine, make improvements where necessary, to fit technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Collaborate with level designers and tech team for making a better game experience.
- A Graduation or Diploma in Fine arts/ Video Game Development or a relevant work experience in gaming industry.
- 2-5 years of experience working with 3D packages, like 3dsmax, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter & ZBrush.
- Experience working on published AAA/ HD games will be a strong advantage.
- Good understanding of proportions, architecture, modular asset creation, hard surface & organic modeling
- Excellent knowledge of PBR workflows. (Metallic/ Roughness, Specular/ Gloss)
- Experience in making efficient UVs with an understanding of trim, tile-able, non-square and atlas texture workflows.
- Experience working with Game engines or real time rendering tools.
- Work closely with other departments, suggest ideas and solutions for making a better game.
- Aesthetic ability to improve details with minimal concept and art direction.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating game art with processes and techniques used.
Nice to have:
- Great Organizational skills, proactive in knowledge sharing, open to constructive criticism & autonomous.
- Experience with version control and bug tracking tools.
- Knowledge of Substance Designer & Houdini will be a plus.
- International game projects & IP’s.
- Access to cutting-edge hardware.
- Work life balance
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines.
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2015-16 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,394 million.
About Ubisoft Shanghai:
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games. If you are passionate by video game, highly skilled and committed to deliver top notch quality content, join our team of talents! To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.