4 days ago
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a 3D Artist, you will be modeling, texturing, and implementing 3D assets into Unity using provided concept art or inspirational reference material. You’ll work on a small agile team on a broad variety of features and tools.
- Model stylized props while working in a low poly style
- Strong understanding of modeling fundamentals and a good eye for silhouette
- Iterate quickly on character and prop fidelity
- Ability to create and maintain a wide range of materials within Unity
- Paint appealing low contrast textures from reference/concept or scratch
- Knowledge of color theory and the ability to create balanced and appealing color palettes
- Maintain consistent aesthetic and technical quality across all assets
- Successfully shipped a title working as a 3D Artist or equivalent title.
- Proficient and self-sufficient in Unity
- Expert understanding of Maya and/or Blender
- Ability to hand paint stylized textures in Photoshop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- Portfolio examples exhibit working in a strong style
- Strong background in cross platform games (e.g., Playstation, PC, Xbox, Mobile, VR, etc.)
- Strong background in 3D mobile games (e.g., iOS, Android.)
- Familiarity with source control
- Cross-disciplinary work experience (e.g., UI, concept, VFX, shaders, animation, game design)
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.